Our mission, vision, values
The New Zealand Psychological Society* (NZPsS) takes collective responsibility for the success of the Society’s mission to:
- Raise the profile of psychology by enhancing its standing as a discipline and a profession.
- Commit and be responsive to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Support best practice principles and tikanga** across all areas of research, education, teaching, and practice
*Being members, executive, and staff
**Tikanga – Māori protocols and best practice
Peoples Using Psychology to Flourish – Mā mātou tātou e whakarangatira ai.
- Aroha ki te tangata
- Pono (ki te tangata)
1Based on the four principles of the Code of Ethics for Psychologists Working in Aotearoa New Zealand. Te Ao Māori concepts articulated above relate to (but are not identical to or direct translations of) the following English concepts:
- Respect for the dignity of persons and peoples
- Responsible caring
- Integrity in relationships
- Social justice and responsibility to society