Institute of Educational and Developmental Psychology
The IEDP is the educational and developmental sub-group within the NZPsS. The Institute has over 30 members from all areas of the country whose practice is
- primarily in the area of children, young persons, their families and in learning environments
- based on the ecological model, considering the developing young person in the context of the various settings which both influence and are influenced by them (e.g. family, school, cultural or religious group, wider community, etc)
- founded on a strong research base that includes training and experience in the core areas: human development; applied behaviour analysis; psychological assessment; psychological research; counselling theory and practice.
The IEDP aims to
- Support the development and maintenance of the educational and developmental psychology community
- Encourage systemic support and advocate for an effective and ethical educational and developmental psychologist community
- Inform members and facilitate access to professional development opportunities of interest to educational and developmental psychologists
What we offer our members
The IEDP is coordinated by an Executive Committee who support members by
- Encouraging attendance of educational and developmental psychologists at NZPsS conferences
- Working with other NZPsS members to ensure that conference sessions are relevant to the work of educational and developmental psychologists
- Encouraging educational and developmental psychologists to present their research and practice reports at the NZPsS annual conference
- Supporting members to conduct quality research and publish articles concerned with the practice of educational and developmental psychology
- Promote professional development opportunities to support educational and developmental psychologists in their work.
How to join the IEDP
You need to be a full member of the NZPsS to join the IEDP. The IEDP annual levy is $25.00 (incl GST) and is additional to the NZPsS membership subscription.
Click for IEDP Application Form
Contact the membership administrator on email@example.com for more information.